The Monthly Ram

The Student News Site of Eastside High School

The Monthly Ram

The Monthly Ram

The Start of The 2023 Eastside Football Season

Will the Rams be able to carry out another jaw-dropping season?
Our Mighty Rams celebrating the defeat of Santa Fe high school in the 2022 district championship. Courtesy of Lawren Simmons/Special To The Sun

Coming off the high of last year’s success, the Eastside Rams are returning for another fantastic football season. To kick off this 2023 battle, the Eastside Rams face the Beachside Barracudas in a much-anticipated game on Thursday, August 17th. Though the game starts at 7:30, the traditional Eastside cookout will be held before starting at 6:30; with food and drink provided, all are welcome and encouraged to celebrate the start of another Ram season! 

Beachside Barracuda’s statistics show their 40% loss ratio compared to Eastside Ram’s 73% win ratio in the 2022 season; the general consensus shows in favor of the Rams. With our new incoming players and our new starting quarterback, Adrian Curtis, there is a wave of fresh, eager players attacking our field. With extreme excitement from Eastside fans and the Ramily, the 2023 season will be one you need to attend. Last year’s strong defensive tactics ensured our team’s strong base, providing availability for our offense to strike. With the amount of work our Rams have put in the off-season and over the summer, this year’s predicted ratios are positive. Our own alumni, Coach Hoskins, has been training our boys for victory. His previous success will do nothing but continue to bring home many more Eastside wins. 

As you may know, our Rams have been training hard this summer, and if you haven’t already, @eastsideramsfb is a must-follow to keep up with our upcoming wins and athletic developments.

This season will exceed all expectations, and we are so excited to not only preserve our title as district champions but to continue our domination on the field and reach new heights. This first game is a must-see as we kick off the first win of countless to come, and we expect to see you all there.

Show up Thursday with your best Eastside gear, these stands will be a blur of orange and green. Don’t have enough Eastside gear? We encourage you to check out the school store in the mall area during A and B lunches! Purchase tickets for our upcoming game on GoFan. 

Again, make sure to come out and support our Rams, and as always, Eastside is the best side!